Photo Cred: Turtle Julian
Hi everyone! Here at PhotoSpark headquarters, we often discuss ways ourselves and our listeners can go above & beyond in customer service for our clients. We want to have guests on the show that can help us (and you!) learn ways to stand out from the competition. These days, with SO many photographers around, this is a very important part of being successful in business. Nothing helps you stand out better than a perfectly curated client gift! To help us with this topic, we invited the beautiful & charming Ryann Gaspara of Gaspara Flora to join us in studio!!! She chats with us about client gifts and the reasons why you should be giving them out!
- Echo your brand with your client gifts. This doesn’t mean you have to have your branding all over your gift, but you definitely want to give them something that makes them think of you. So if your brand is soft & feminine, your gifts should echo that so your clients are reminded on their experience with you when they’re using it.
- Give a gift that will last. Julie mentions she’s gifted movie gift certificates before as date night type gifts for her clients, but she’s worried by the fact that the minute that gift card is used, her clients won’t really have anything to remember her by. Ryann suggested instead of giving a gift certificate for a movie, consider giving a warm snuggly blanket for a movie night date night at home! Include a card & let your clients know the blanket is for cuddling on the couch and watching a movie together. The blanket will last for a long time, and ideally your clients will think of you every time they use it!
- Outsourcing can be your friend! As your business grows, you typically start outsourcing more & more things to professionals. I know when I first started, I attempted my own website, logo, business cards, etc. Now that I’m an established business, I’ve invested money to hire professionals to create all those things for me, because they are far better than it than I ever will be! Client gifts are no different! You can start small by hiring someone to do hand-written thank you notes for you & you can work your way up to a company like Ryann’s (Gaspara Flora) and have them handcraft the perfect gifts for your clients. You can even have them drop shipped straight to your client’s front door without having to do much work at all.
Photo Cred: Rochelle Cheever
This was such a fun episode to record… not only is Ryann adorable and easy to talk to, but she came armed with a bottle of Prosecco. You can’t go wrong with that! We hope you enjoyed listening to our episode about client gifts… let us know your favorite gift ideas on our Facebook page!
- Gaspara Flora
- Gaspara Flora on Instagram (it’s gorgeous… go check it out!)
- Ashley DuChene Photography
- Julie Ferneau Photography
- Chasing Daylight Photography
Download from iTunes Here
Download from iTunes Here