We're Julie & Kate, wedding/portrait photographers in San Diego. We know that running your own business can be both lonely & confusing, so in 2015 we decided to launch a podcast to combat that! Our candid, fun conversations will keep you company while driving to shoots or editing photos, and our goal is to feel like your best friends
• I've been with my husband for almost 14 years & we have two kids together (Grayson, 3 and Madelyn, 1)
• We have been to 34 countries together spanning across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia
• I have a slight addiction to iced coffee & craft beer
• I'm a third generation graduate of SDSU
•When I like a song, I can literally listen to it on repeat for MONTHS. Current situation? Lizzo's entire album!
• I'm based out of San Diego but have shot all over the world
• I've done 200+ weddings over the last 7 years
• I just upgraded to the Canon 5DmIV and I'm STOKED
• I've been published in Modern Luxury, The Knot, Pop Sugar, and StyleVerify
Our PhotoSpark Facebook community is a great place to meet other like-minded entrepreneurs, and a way for us to get to know you on a personal level! Join today for bonus content & even more candid conversation!
"I tried to come up with a title that would say what a great podcast this is. One that wasn’t used before. I could not. There is a reason that as of when I write this review there is nothing but five star reviews. This show rivals them all will be in my drive home rotation. The host of this show are diverse pros who shoot very different styles… You will be hard press not to like them. Give it a shot and you will be hooked like me."
"I love the regulars, and I also love the guests who visit the show. Even though they may shoot pets or concert footage—something outside my realm—I always learn something about photography, business, and storytelling. This show is encouraging, informative, and fun. Listening feels like having smart, personable friends talking right into my ear. Good stuff!"
"I’m so glad I found this podcast early in my business! I am binge listening trying to catch up and have learned so many great business and photography related tips!"